This topic is a hard one because I am grateful for EVERYBOOK I picked up this year, but I want to highlight some that I am extremely grateful for.
- Any Day with You by Mae Respicio Because I saw that I could love a middle grade book, but I have to look for books that have a more contemporary setting. Because I saw myself in the main character even when we are not the same age or race. Because it made me cry out of happiness and I don’t usually cry with things. Because I want to read more from this author from now on.
- Blazewrath Games by Amparo Ortiz Because I saw myself FOR THE FIRST TIME in a fantasy. Because it gave me the adrenaline of Olympics games when there where almost zero sport events going around. Because it was a Boricua fantasy that didn’t let out other cultures/countries.
- Cinderella is Dead by Kalynn Bayron Because it gave me a mix of all the Cinderella versions in one book (and I LOVE Cinderella). Because the author knew how to make me get glued to the book and feel scared of what might happen. Because the story was better than I was expecting and gave me a new fave author.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Because it gave an idea of what my boyfriend enjoy in books. Because it assured me that I don’t really enjoy dystopian or main characters that are mean to almost everyone just because they are having a bad life/day.
- Lobizona by Romira Garber Because it made me realize not every book about werewolves is bad or cliché. Because it got me out of my massive reading/live slump. Because it was so good that I couldn’t stop reading even without power.
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand Because it made me laugh when I was going through a really hard time. Because it gave me history with a MEGA twist hahaha. Because it is the fun this year needed. I am missing SO many books I am grateful for, some that I LOVED some that made me feel meh or that I didn’t like and had to stop reading. I think this year I found more of my favorite topics/genres/authors and that made me feel grateful for every book I picked up even if it was not what I expected.
This is all for today, hope you enjoyed. Thank you for reading my blog! I can’t wait to talk to you in the comments! Hope you all are having a nice day. Keep reading, keep reacting and making new bonds! Take care, I’ll see you on my next one, Goodbye!